Cards: SkyBox Impact 1993, Topps Stadium Club 1993, Skybox Premium 1993-1994
Acquired: TTM 2021, C/o Home
Sent: 8/14 Received: 9/2 (19 days)
Failure: TTM 2014, C/o Home
- Leonard Harris was a speed merchant out of Texas Tech (1981-83), who played WR, KR and PR.
- His best season for the Red Raiders came in 1983 when he posted 506 yards on 35 catches (2 TDs), 123 yards rushing on 13 carries, 346 yards and a TD on 26 punt returns, and 356 yards on 19 kick returns.
- Territorial selection of the Denver Gold during the 1984 USFL draft.
- Led the Gold in receiving both years of the franchise’s existence.
- Posted a career high 1432 yards on 101 receptions and 8 TD as he moved to slotback in 1985.
- Joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1986, catching 3 passes for 52 yards.
- Following season was a free agent signee of the Houston Oilers, where he spent the next 7 seasons.
- Finally emerged from the shadow of WR Drew Hill who left for Atlanta in 1992.
- Caught 35 passes for 435 yards and 2 TDs in 7 starts, before the Oilers consummated their free agent poaching of WR Webster Slaughter off of the Cleveland Browns.
- Played one final year in 1994 with the Falcons, reunited with Drew Hill and head coach Jerry Glanville.
Skybox Impact 1993, #127 Topps Stadium Club 1993, #431
I had been wanting to get Leonard for sometime, because I was always under the impression that he had no cards growing up. I went ahead and sent these same cards out in 2014- but got no response. It wasn’t until 2021 that I started seeing some responses from him and decided to try him again on these cards.
I always thought he got a bad rap after the departure of Drew Hill- and not enough time to become his heir apparent in Houston. I feel much more mixed now about getting his autograph now that the players from the Oilers franchise have abandoned the city of Houston in favor of their faux history from Tennessee.