CARDS: Topps Stadium Club 1992, GameDay 1992
ACQUIRED: TTM 2021, C/o Home
SENT: 1/2/22 RECEIVED: 1/9/22 (7 days)
- Ethan was the overall #15 pick by the Kansas City Chiefs out of North Carolina in 1985.
- He was the first RB off the board.
- Had a disastrous rookie campaign, totalling just 331 yards from scrimmage, 4 TDs, and 2 fumbles.
- Cut in 1986, saw time on and off the roster of the Raiders through 1989.
- Converted to TE in 1990 and quickly maturated at position, posting 404 yards on 33 receptions.
- Caught a career high 53 receptions for 650 yards and 5 TDs in 1991.
- Played next two years for Raiders, catching 33 and 43 receptions respectively.
- Finished out career in 1994 with Redskins, catching 15 passes for 157 yards.
- Pro Bowl 1991
A not very regular signer, I pounced when I had the opportunity. Unfortunately he only signed 2 of 3 cards, opting out on the Skybox 1992. Still this was one of those rare situations where the Stadium Club card really stood out -so I was happy about that. I collected Stadium Club near the end, not because I wanted to, but because it had the highest production value and pretty high photo quality. I was already onto the ruse that the base set Topps were intentionally low end so that they could charge more for the premium Stadium Club, and this like many sets is partially what led me to not collecting cards for many years after this.
I missed out on getting Ethan during his time with the Raiders when they visited Cowboys training camp back in the day, so I was happy to add him to the collection now on these cards. He was the first calendar to calendar signer of 2022.