Cards: SkyBox 1992, Score Supplemental 1989, Topps 1990
Acquired: TTM 2021, C/o Home
Sent: 3/31 Received: 4/5 (5 days)
- Jeff Query went to Milken college and represents the school’s only drafted NFL alumni, being selected in the 5th round of the 1989 draft by the Green Bay Packers.
- Query set career records at the tiny school finishing with 2548 yards, 28 TD catches, 30.9 yards on kick off returns, and 10.9 on punt returns.
- A track junkie, Query had breathtaking speed (4.3), and was a two-time CCIW 100-Meter Champion.
- Immediately stepped in as the team’s #3 receiver and as the Packers’ primary return man.
- Trademark blonde mullet brought all the girls to the yard.
- After 1991 season, signed with the Houston Oilers via Plan B, but did not make the roster.
- Picked up by Cincinnati and played the next 3 seasons with the team, and a final 2 games between the Bengals and the Redskins in 1995.
- Best season came in 1993, catching 56 passes for 654 yards and 4 TDs.
Score Supplemental 1989, #432S Topps 1990, #144
I was very excited when Jeff joined the Oilers. It didn’t make much waves but I was convinced that he was going to be that missing part that was going to take the receiving corps to the next level. He then just disappeared in camp and I never heard from him until he was cut. I am not sure if he was an injury settlement, but I just remember being very disappointed.
Jeff had some great cards over the years and I was very happy to get these finally knocked out as they had been in ‘the box’ for a long time waiting for him to appear.