CARDS: Topps 2013, Sage 2013, Topps AAF 2019, Topps AAF 2019 Certified
Acquired: 2019, C/o EBay
2020, C/o The Jacksonville Jaguars
Sent: 11/4/20 Received: 11/20/21 (381 days)
Failure: 2020, C/o Home
- In 2010, became the first player in NCAA history to pass for over 2,500 yards and rush for over 1,500 in a single year.
- Finest moment came that year in a game against Notre Dame, accounting for 502 of the Wolverine’s 532 yards.
- Had 3 games passing and rushing for 200+ yards each.
- Completed college career passing for 6250 yards and 49 TDs, while rushing 723 times for 4495 yards and 42 TDs.
- 5th round selection of the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.
- Played 4 seasons for the Jaguars, after converting to RB.
- Best season came in 2014, rushing 135 times for 582 yards and 4 TDs, while catching 23 receptions for 124 yards.
- Injuries derailed development at the end of the 2014 season, lasting into 2015, allowing for TJ Yeldon to take starting job.
- After trying out for the Bears in 2018, remained in playing shape and signed with the Atlanta Legends of the AAF for 2019.
- Played 7 games for the Legends, seeing 24 carries for 66 yards and a TD, and caught 7 passes for 37 yards, but finished on IR as the league ceased operations.
- Robinson has begun a coaching career, and after briefly serving at Jacksonville University, is currently on the staff of the Jacksonville Jaguars front office.
- Set NCAA record for most yards rushing by a QB (4,495)
- 2010 Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year
Denard was pretty easy to find on the web, but he wouldn’t sign from home. It took him a while to get back to me, but it appears he signs his fanmail once a year through the Jags right now.
I was pretty disappointed in the Topps AAF 2019 entry. The fact that the certified is just the same as the base card minus a few effects is quite lazy.