CARDS: Fleer 1990, Action Packed 1990, Score 1990, ProSet 1990
ACQUIRED: TTM 2021, C/o Home
SENT: 5/15 RECEIVED: 5/28 (13 DAYS)
- Played defensive back from 1981 through 83 for Penn State.
- Also occasionally returned punts- notably returning one for a touchdown in 1982.
- Played best game of college career in National Championship win over Georgia posting 2 interceptions and 9 tackles.
- Finished college career with 180 total tackles, and 9 interceptions for 203 yards.
- Selected in the 4th round of the 1983 NFL draft by the Kansas City Chiefs.
- In 1987 posted 42 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions.
- Traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1988, as part of the Steve DeBerg trade.
- Instantly made an impact slated as starter at Strong Safety paired alongside former Penn State teammate Harry Hamilton.
- Best season came in 1989 with 6 picks for 44 yards, 3 fumble recoveries, 2.5 sacks, 22 pass deflections, and 104 tackles.
- Sure handed tackler, that was considered one of the best run enforcers in the league, finished with 115 tackles in 1990.
- After spending the entire 1991 season on IR due to a separated shoulder, opted to retire.
Mark is a great signer TTM and has a stack of really good cards. I grabbed all of these from 1990 and sent them off covering most of the ones I wanted signed right out of the gate. I especially love the lighting and photography on the Score 1990 entry. While a drop off from the 89 set, this one is highly underrated.
Action Packed 1990, #268 Pro Set 1990, #316