Card: Wild Card World League 1992
Acquired: 2022, Paid Signing
Failure: TTM 2019, C/o Work
- Totaled 344 total tackles, 29 sacks and 7 forced fumbles over college career playing on interior of defensive line for Boston College.
- Drafted in the second round of the 1986 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots.
- Appeared in 8 games between 86 and 87, primarily at NT, recording 1 sacks and 1 fumble recovery.
- Played for the Barcelona Dragons in 1991-92, where he was reunited with his head coach from BC, Jack Bicknell.
- Outland Trophy Winner 1985
- College Football Hall of Fame 2017
- Boston College #68 Retired
I had tried Mike via either his High School or through Boston College with no success, so I decided to go ahead and do a paid signing for him that popped up. Yes- a rare signing with an obscure Outland Trophy Winner from Boston College. I’ll take it!
This card is an uncorrected error, as in the bio on the back it states that Mike was selected in the 6th round by the Houston Oilers. On a side note the photo is from World Bowl I, as evidenced by the patch on his shoulder.
Also this marks the first 5 stripe I’ve added to my collection of autographs. Wild Card was one of the first in the business to do parallels like this, and frankly they probably just should’ve done the whole sets with just 1s, 5s, 10s, 20s, and 50s and that’s it. The hologram is definitely a nice touch. I don’t know anyone who used the Wild Card program for these cards or could explain how it worked.