Cards: Wild Card 1991, Pacific 1991
Acquired: TTM 2021, C/o Home
Sent: 8/2 Received: 10/9 (62 days)
- Had a prolific career playing for the Houston Cougars from 1987-1990.
- Was the bellcow runningback in the Coogs fabled Air Raid offense.
- On 395 attempts, ran for 3,247 yards and 27 touchdowns , and also had 1,375 yards and eight touchdowns on 117 receptions.
- His best year came in 1989, when he ran 119 times for 1146 yards, 10 TDs.
- Drafted in the 9th round by the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Spent the 1992 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, dressing for 4 contests.
- Played one year in the Arena Football League in 1995 with Fort Worth, playing both ways for the Calvary.
- SWC’s All-time leader in all purpose yards with 5,715.
- First Houston Cougar to rush for 1000 yards in 3 straight years.
- Tied for the NCAA record with a career mark of 8.2 yards per carry.
I loved me those SWC Cougars! I had high hopes for Chuck’s career in the NFL. I think both the Eagles and the Bucs saw him more as a fullback though. He was a gifted receiver too, but looked like a downhill bowling ball rolling down the field. Sometimes you get this feeling that if you just reach out to some of these guys, they will respond to your personal connection, and with this one I was quite happy that he did.