CARD: Score 1990
ACQUIRED: TTM 2020, C/o Home
SENT: 4/3/2020 RECEIVED: 9/4/2022 (884 days)
- Played for UCLA from 1986-89.
- Increased productivity every season despite being limited by injuries.
- Finished 1989 on a high note with 33 receptions for 309 yards and a TD.
- In 4 years had 73 total receptions for 821 yards and 4 TDs.
- Selected by the New Orleans Saints in the 5th round of the 1990 NFL Draft.
- Spent 1991 on the off season rosters of the Browns and Chargers.
- Didn’t see action until 1992- as a member of the Indianapolis Colts.
- Had no receptions until 11/29 against Buffalo, but burst onto the scene catching 9 passes for 106 yards.
- Finished season with 13 receptions for 152 yards and a TD.
- Played next 3 seasons in Indianapolis, retiring after the 1995 season.
- Has spent post playing career in the booth as a color analyst for college football and NFL games.
- Spent 2019 as a positional coach with the Arizona Hotshots of the AAF.
Barely missing the top 10 cut of longest waits is Charles Arbuckle. Obviously I felt I was never getting this one back but lo and behold at my old address, there it was some 880+ days later.
I never noticed until now that the UCLA logo was airbrushed off the helmet. By 1990, I thought that card companies stopped doing this, but I guess the NCAA or UCLA had something to say to Score about their logos. Great card though. The photography and color is spot on.
Once I knew that Charles was on the coaching staff of the Hotshots I moved him up in the queue to write to.