CARD: Playoff Contenders 2000 European Ticket
ACQUIRED: 2021, Future Considerations
- Defensive lineman Jonathan Brown played collegially at Tennessee where he helped the Vols win the SEC title in ’97.
- In that season he had a career high 13.5 sacks- good for second on the school’s all-time list.
- Over his 4 years at Tennessee, Brown notched 27.5 sacks.
- Selected in the 3rd round of the 1998 draft by the Green Bay Packers.
- Released during roster cuts in ’99, and finished the season on the active roster of the Broncos that year.
- Joined the Berlin Thunder in 2000, recording 10 sacks, 30 tackles and 2 forced fumbles.
- Played for the St. Louis Rams in 2001.
- Returned to the NFLE in 2003, as a selection of the Amsterdam Admirals.
- Posted 6.5 sacks and 26 tackles.
- Took his game to the Arena Football League playing for the Indiana Firebirds.
- In 2004, Jonathan played for the CFL Argonauts, becoming a fixture at DE for the next 6 seasons.
- He’d accumulate 50 sacks over his time in Toronto with dual 13 sack seasons in 2005, and 2007.
- Retired after a final season in BC with the Lions, adding another 4 sacks to his career CFL number.
- NFLE Defensive MVP 2000
- All-NFL Europe 2000, ’03
- CFL All-Star 2005- ’07
Cool looking card here of Jonathan. The green actually works. He’s also got a great autograph for a big man. He really backdoored into a pretty solid career playing in the CFL there.