CARDS: ProSet 1992, Bowman 1992, Skybox Premium 1993-94
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Home
SENT: 8/8 RECEIVED: 8/22 (14 days)
- Nate Lewis came a long way to get to the professional ranks, playing WR at 3 different colleges.
- Began college career at Oklahoma A&M, before transferring to Georgia for his Sophomore and Junior Seasons.
- After being dismissed from the football team for academic reasons, Lewis ended up at tiny Oregon Tech.
- A leg injury caused Nate to miss a significant portion of the season, but he still managed 27 catches for 434 yards and 2 TDs.
- Still there was enough tape to impress scouts, and with sub 4.5 speed, Nate was selected by the San Diego Chargers in the 7th round of the 1990 NFL Draft.
- Made the roster of the San Diego Chargers and saw 3 starts in his rookie season, moonlighting on kick and punt return units as well.
- First career TD came on a 63 yard punt return against the Seahawks during his rookie year.
- Played 4 seasons for the Chargers, posting 450+ yards from 1991-93.
- Had a memorable 95 yard kick off return for a TD against the New Orleans Saints in the Chargers 24-21 win in 1991.
- Finished out career playing 2 additional seasons for the Bears (94-95)
I really liked Nate’s Skybox Premium and his Gameday too. Unfortunately he switched out the Gameday for this Bowman. Ah well, at least he was nice enough to sign them and replace the other card too.
For a 7th round pick, Nate had some great cards over his career. Besides the ones mentioned above, he slid in on Action Packed (1992), Score, Proline, and Topps Stadium Club among others.