CARDS: Classic 1992, Topps XFL 2001
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Work
SENT: 3/22/22 RECEIVED: 12/29/22 (282 days)
FAILURE: TTM 2019, C/o Home
- Casey Weldon played QB at Florida State from 1988-91.
- Came into his own as a starter in his Senior season, throwing for 2527 yards and 22 TDs on 189 completions (313 attempts).
- In 1992, was a 4th round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Played for the Bucs from 1993-96.
- Saw limited playing time over those years, most extensively in 1995, completing 42 of 91 passes for 519 yards and a TD.
- Played for the Barcelona Dragons that same year, throwing for 543 yards and 3 TDs on 41 of 91 passes.
- Threw a memorable 70 yard TD pass to fellow Buccaneer Tyree Davis against the Monarchs.
- Was on the roster of the Chargers (’97), and Redskins (’98-’00) but didn’t see any playtime.
- Joined the XFL 2001 as a member of the Birmingham Thunderbolts.
- Had best season as a pro throwing for 1228 yards and 7 TDs on 102 completions (164 attempts), but injuries ended his season and his carer.
- Has gone into coaching since retirement.
- Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award 1992
I failed on getting Casey back in 2019. I think I flushed a Loaded Cannon card, but that’s okay. After doing some research I tracked down a good address for him and shot these two cards out earlier in 2022. I was a bit disappointed when someone else who sent to him later than me stole my thunder and got him back first, but the TTM gods granted me their favor and finally I got Casey in the mail. The Classic is a bit smeared but no big deal. It was the Topps XFL 2001 that I was truly after.