CARD: Hamburg Sea Devils Team Issue 2005
ACQUIRED: 2022, Private Acquisition
- Bobby Blizzard played TE for Kentucky in 1999-00 posting 30 receptions for 275 yards.
- Transferred to North Carolina, and after sitting out a year, played for the Tar Heels in in 2002 and 03.
- Led the team in ’02 with 28 receptions for 440 yards and 5 TDs and garnered national attention for positional watch lists.
- Felled by viral meningitis during senior year, impacting his numbers.
- Finished college career with 78 receptions for 876 yards and 6 TDs.
- Went undrafted in the 2004 NFL Draft, but signed as a free agent by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- After being cut, was signed by the Cardinals.
- Assigned to the NFLE, Blizzard played for the Hamburg Sea Devils.
- Caught 34 passes for 335 yards and 2 TDs.
- Returned to the Cardinals but was injured and released.
- Signed by the Baltimore Ravens late in the year and was on the team’s practice squad through mid-06.
- Had an outstanding year in Europa playing for the Cologne Centurions in 2007, leading most TEs in all receiving categories.
- The Bengals signed Blizzard to the team that year, but he suffered a career ending back injury.
- Bobby joined his former coach at Kentucky- Hal Mumme at a variety of stops at the Division III level.
- In 2019, Bobby followed Mumme to the AAF serving as TEs coach of the Memphis Express.
- After the league collapsed, he joined Mumme on the staff of the XFL Renegades as RB coach, and later as co-offensive coordinator in 2020.
- All NFLE 2006
- All Europa 2007
A nice coup for me, Bobby is another solid player/ prospect of the NFLE/Europa who has become an intriguing up and coming coaching prospect. An apostle of the Hal Mumme tree, Blizzard came to my attention after he joined the AAF in 2019. I’ve been a fan ever since.