Cards: CFL All World 1991, JOGO 1991
Acquired: TTM 2019, C/o The Houston Texans
Sent: 10/23/19 Received: 1/16/21 (423 days)
- Danny Barrett played from 1979-82 at Cincinnati.
- His best year came in 1982 when he threw for 2222 yards (178/324) and 17 TDs (12 INT).
- Barrett joined the CFL in 83 and played 16 seasons in the league with stops in Calgary (83-85, 89-91, 96), Toronto (85-88), BC (92-93, 98) and the Ottawa Rough Riders (94-95).
- Played one season in 86 with the New Jersey Generals.
- Saw playing time at both QB and slot back over his career.
- Had back to back 4k passing seasons in 93 (4097) and 94 (4173).
- In 93 threw for a then record 601 passing yards while as a member of the BC Lions.
- Joined the coaching ranks while still playing in 97 working with QBs in Calgary, then hopped over to BC from 98-99.
- Considered a hot prospect, he formally became head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2000, a role he held through 2006.
- Worked in the college ranks from 2007-2015, with the University of Buffalo and UCF.
- In 2016, returned to the NFL ranks coaching RBs with the Dolphins, and later the Texans in 2018.
I had a burst of inspiration and sent out quite a few CFL All World cards about this time. I was certain I’d hear back from Barrett as he was a coach with my favorite team, but after not hearing back from him a year later I sort of gave up on getting these back. Lo and behold over 450 days later this showed up in the mail shortly after the Texans 2020 season concluded.