Card: Panini Contenders 2000 European Ticket
Acquired: 2021, Future Considerations
- Jim Kubiak was a traditional dropback passer who played for Navy from 1991 to 1994.
- Over 4 years he threw for 6008 yards (558/969) and 23 TDs.
- His career yardage and completion totals represented a school record.
- Commitments to the Navy prevented him from playing immediately out of college.
- As a member of the NFL, he was an off-season member of the Panthers (96), Colts (98-99), Jets (00), and Colts again (03).
- Jim garnered extensive experience from his time in the World League playing for the Dragons (99) and Admirals (00).
- Threw for 7 TDs and 2 INT for the Dragons in 99, and 4 TDs and 817 yards in 2000 for Amsterdam.
- Over the next 5 years, Kubiak honed his skills in the Arena Football League, playing for the Buffalo Destroyers (01-02), Dallas Desperados (03), Detroit Fury (04), and Georgia Force (05).
- Best year in the AFL came in ’03 with the Desperados, throwing for 4762 yards, 97TDs/17 Int, on 388 of 557 passing.
- Spent the entire 2004 season on IR with the Fury.
- Retired after blowing out his knee early in the 2005 season with the Georgia Force, but worked in their front office in both 06 and 07.
- After a few college stops, also worked with the Soul (05) and the Force (08-12) as their OC.
- 2nd Team All Arena 2003
Jim Kubiak is not related to Gary Kubiak. Kubiak spent time working as a color man for a few years in Buffalo for the Bills. Currently he is a director of the WNY QB Academy.