Cards: Topps Stadium Club 1992, Fleer 1990, ProSet 1991
Acquired: TTM 2021, C/o Home
Sent: 8/2 Received: 8/9 (7 days)
Failure: TTM 2014, C/o Home x2
- After playing offensive line at Tulane where he was a 3 year starter, Don Maggs was selected by the Pittsburgh Maulers of the USFL in 1984.
- Spent 1985 with the New Jersey Generals.
- Selected in the USFL Supplemental Draft by the Houston Oilers in the second round.
- Provided versatile depth for the Oilers already stacked offensive line.
- Blew out anterior cruciate ligament during training camp in 1987 and saw no action that year.
- In fact, only started 3 games over 3 seasons with the Oilers before taking over fulltime at left tackle in 1990.
- Was the Denver Broncos first official unrestricted free agent signing in 1993.
- Played final two seasons (93/94) with the Denver Broncos.
- Started 110 games over career.
Fleer Update 1990, #U-35 Pro Set 1991, #520
I had tried previously to get Don’s autograph but had failed twice. The first time was an RTS with his new address, so I packed everything up and resent. Everyone else got their stuff back but me. After waiting a few years and reloading I decided to give him another shot and got him on these great cards.