Card: University of Texas Upper Deck 2011
Acquired: EBay, 2020
- Do it all runningback for the University of Texas from 1959-1961.
- Benefactor of the Longhorns ‘Flip Flop offense’.
- Ran for 450 yards and 4 TDs (89 carries), while catching 9 passes for 134 yards and 3 TDs in 1959. (All SWC Choice)
- Completed 7 of 11 passes that season for 97 yards and a TD.
- In his Senior season, UT switched to a wing- T formation, seeing time at both lead blocking RB and WR.
- Caught a 24 yard pass in his final college game (1961) to defeat Mississippi.
- Drafted by Steelers in 1962 but was cut, and later finished his career on the taxi squad of the Cowboys.
- Later finished degree at UT and spent over 46 years in commercial banking.
- Father (Sr) and Grandson Carleton Burke Collins both also played for the University of Texas.
- Texas Longhorns Hall of Honor 1982
Jack Collins was the first Texas Football magazine cover boy. I was unable to locate Jack despite his history, so I finally gave up and just picked up a certified autograph of him.