Card: Cinemark Memorabilia
Acquired: 2021, Future Considerations
- Was a dominant defensive lineman playing for Notre Dame from 1966-1969 finishing 6th in Heisman voting in 1969.
- Second overall pick of the 1970 draft by the Green Bay Packers.
- A massive player at the time (6’5″, 290), McCoy’s overall size and strength were his greatest attributes, allowing him to clog the middle of the line.
- Played both DT and NT.
- Started day 1 of his rookie year and was named the team’s rookie of the year.
- Led the team in sacks in both 1973 and 1976.
- Played for the Raiders (1977/78), Giants (79/80) and the Detroit Lions (1980).
- Erie, PA Pro Hall of Fame
- Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame
My friend Lance now goes back about 10 years. We met through Fanmail and then later hung out at Houston Fan Fest in 2012. We occasionally meet up for events, with the last one being at the Houston Roughnecks/ Tampa Bay Vipers scrimmage. He’s one of the few that gets it, and we bling each other up out of the blue, such as with this Mike McCoy autograph here.