CARD: Upper Deck 2002 Houston Texans Inaugural Team Set
ACQUIRED: Paid Signing, 2022
FAILURE: TTM 2021, C/o Home
- A monstrous blocker with eyebrow raising speed for his size at the time (4.7 40, 260) Rod was selected in the second round of the 1998 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots.
- At Alabama caught 23 passes for 259 yards and a TD.
- Used primarily as a blocker over his career, caught a career high 15 passes for 103 yards and a TD in 2000.
- Left exposed by the Patriots in the 2002 Houston Texans Expansion Draft, and was selected by Texans.
- Saw action in just 5 games that year as a blocker, while Billy Miller saw most of the receiving action at TE.
Rod is perhaps more fondly remembered for being the player that caught Tom Brady’s first touchdown pass, than being a member of the Houston Texans Expansion draft.