CARDS: Skybox 1992, GameDay 1992
ACQUIRED: TTM 2021, C/o Work
SENT: 12/13/21 RECEIVED: 2/13/22 (63 days)
- Western Colorado’s very own Sam Seale was a dangerous speed burner who ran track and played RB in college leading the team in both rushing and receiving.
- The Raiders and Al Davis who always had a love affair with speed, selected Seale in the 8th round of the 1984 NFL draft.
- The Raiders kicked the tires on him at WR and return man, before converted him to DB.
- Intercepted first pass for a 38 yard TD against the Patriots in 1985.
- Officially transitioned to RCB the following season and had a career high 4 interceptions.
- In ’87 returned a fumble return for a TD.
- Signed as a Free Agent by the San Diego Chargers in 1988, and matched career high with 4 interceptions that year.
- Returned to the Raiders ’92 as a Plan B free agent seeing action in 5 contests.
- Played one final year across town with the Rams, seeing action in one contest, retiring after the ’93 season.
- In 1995, joined the Green Bay Packers front office where he’s earned quite a reputation as a scout.
- Western Colorado HoF 2002
- Fritz Pollard Award 2017
Getting Sam was somewhat of a coup. An exceeding rare signer, I took a shot at getting him on these two set needs through the Packers.