Cards: ProSet 1989, Score 1989, Fleer 1990, Score 1990
Acquired: TTM 2020, C/o Home
Sent: 10/13 Received: 12/8 (56 days)
- Played college ball for Ohio State returning 24 kicks for 520 yards and catching 8 passes for 142 yards and a TD over 1984 and 1986.
- Selected in the 7th round of the 1987 draft by the San Diego Chargers.
- A blazing long distance runner, he was part of the Ohio St 400 Meter Relay team.
- Saw time as a wide receiver, kick returner, and moonlighted occasionally as a runningback over 3 seasons for SD.
- Best season came in 1988 when Jamie logged 810 yards on 31 kick returns, scoring a 94 yard TD.
- During 1988 also had 536 Yards receiving and a TD on 39 catches.
- Over 3 seasons ran 10 times for 82 yards.
- Traded to the Los Angeles Raiders in 1990, seeing time exclusively as a kick returner.
- Started 3 games in 1992 playing for the Cleveland Browns starting 3 games.
- Played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1994, catching 35 passes for 485 yards and 2 TDs.
- Split time with the Blue Bombers and the Roughriders in 1995 retiring after the season.
Jamie wrote me a nice note thanking me for writing him. He has an amazing autograph, with just the right amount of pressure and curves, and an elegant enough stroke, at just the right size. Jamie was lucky, to play when he did, as he had some great cards produced during his playing days.