Cards: Pro Set 1989, Fleer 1990, Action Packed 1990, GameDay 1992
Acquired: TTM 2020, C/o Home
Sent: 10/13 Received: 10/24 (11 Days)
- Joe Nash went undrafted out of Boston College and was a free agent signee of the Seattle Seahawks in 1982.
- He was used early in his career as a nose tackle, and then switched over to defensive tackle in 1990.
- In 1985 Joe had perhaps his best statistical season with 9 sacks and 87 total tackles.
- During the season opener in 1993 he recorded his only interception- a 13 yard he returned for a TD against San Diego.
- Played for the Seahawks through 1996, starting 169 of 218 contests, a franchise record.
- Pro Bowl 1984
- First Team All-Pro 1984
- Seattle Seahawks 35th Anniversary Team
Joe Nash also appears in both Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl. He along with Bob Nelson (GB) appear in a 3-4 defensive set, and at the snap could be timed to dive and sack the quarterback. While this is considered an exploit of the game, we banned it entirely from competitive play.
Joe is well loved by old school Seahawks fans. He has returned on occasion as Seattle alumni and has even raised the flag as the 12th Man. He also worked for many years on a pit crew in NASCAR.
Joe’s Pro Set 1989 card really sticks out to me. I just love the photo of the action with the action going on around him. Just so well framed.