CARDS: Pro Set 1991, Action Packed Rookies 1991, Star Pics 1991
ACQUIRED: TTM 2020, C/o Home*
SENT: 7/13 RECEIVED: 7/28 (15 days)
* Fee enclosed
- Played FB for Michigan, rushing for 1346 yards on 311 carries, scoring 8 TDs, while catching 30 passes.
- At 6’2″, 250, 4.5 40- was considered one of the strongest, biggest, and fastest fullbacks to enter the NFL Draft in 1991.
- Selected at #27 overall by the New York Giants, who were looking to go younger in a rapidly aging backfield, and wanting to add a compliment to RB Rodney Hampton.
- Saw extremely limited action rookie season, contributing 6 tackles and a blocked punt on special teams.
- Had best season as a pro rushing for over 500 yards in 1992, while blocking for Hampton who had over 1,000.
- Yards per carry was 3rd among runners (4.8) with 500 yards or more that season.
- Injuries and a focus more on an H-back offense, resulted in decreased playing time in 1993.
- Missed most of camp in 1994, and pulled a hamstring shortly thereafter, prompting release.
- Signed by Raiders as an injury replacement for Napoleon McCallum playing in 3 games.
- Retired in 1995 and has continued to stay active in coaching, martial arts, and acting.
With a few cards that I wanted to get signed, I found Jarrod through Facebook who signs for a nominal fee.