CARD: Playoff Contenders European Ticket 2000, Topps 2000, Leaf Rookies & Stars 2000, Bowman 2000
ACQUIRED: 2021, Future Considerations
TTM, 2021, C/o Work
SENT: 8/2 RECEIVED: 8/23 (21 days)
- Ron Powlus played QB for Notre Dame from 1994-97.
- He finished his career 558/969 for 7602 yards with 57 TDs to 27 INT.
- At the time of his graduation he held 20 school passing records, breaking many that had been held by Joe Montana.
- Undrafted in 1998, Ron signed with the Tennessee Oilers but did not make the squad.
- The following season he spent the preseason with the Detroit Lions.
- In 2000, Ron was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles.
- He’d be shipped to the NFLE and played for the Amsterdam Admirals.
- Ron had a solid season has Amsterdam’s starter, throwing for 1784 yards and 13 TDs, while rushing for 77 yards and a TD.
- After a few years away from the game, Ron went into coaching and has had stops with Notre Dame, Akron and Kansas as a positional coach.
- As of 2022, he works in the front office at Notre Dame as the associate athletics director and sport administrator for the Fighting Irish.
With renewed vigor I have begun assembling the autographs of the members of the NFLE to pair with their member teams. Ron had quite a few cards and I was lucky to get him on all of them (Bowman, Topps, Leaf) in one shot TTM. I like all 3 of the sets, but I tend to lean a bit more towards the Leaf set.
2000 Bowman Chrome, #164 2000 Topps, #348