Cards: 1990 Topps Traded, Score Supplemental 1990
Acquired: TTM 2022, C/o Home
Sent: 1/22 Received: 2/6 (14 days)
- Signed by the Browns in mid 1990 after a prolific career kicking for the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL.
- Kicked 3 game winning field goals for squad that just took away 4 wins for year.
- Kicked and punted for the Esks from 87-90.
- Set CFL single season record with 227 points.
- Kicked game winning kick with seconds remaining, to propel Esks to 75th Grey Cup 38-36 over the Toronto Argonauts in 87.
- Went to camp with the Lions in 1991, but was released in camp due to broken foot.
- Returned to Esks in 1991 and later played for Stampeders in same season.
- Signed by Rams in 92 but couldn’t beat out Tony Zendejas in camp.
- Joined the Ohio Glory of the World League for the 92 season.
- Kicked game winning field goal against Galaxy to propel Glory to their only win of the season, 20-17.
- Windsor /Essex HoF 2017
- CFL West All-Star 1988
I remember Jerry being one of the few players at the time that I had cards of for the Glory/ Riders preseason game. The dents on the corners of the Score Supplemental bear the scars of both the preseason game and the infamous Hail Storm Game. I never got Jerry, and put this card away for many years.
Later, when I was coming back to the hobby I put this card aside. I love the Score card, as it not only shows a great action shot of Jerry in a single bar face mask, which was quickly becoming a rarity back then, but also the dirt of Municipal Stadium. Great card.