CARDS: Classic 1993, Pro Set 1993, Pro Line 1997
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Home
SENT: 1/17/22 RECEIVED: 2/26/22 (40 days)
- Caught 142 passes for 2,027 yards with 14 touchdowns over college career at UCLA.
- As a junior set single season school record with 68 catches for 987 yards and 11 TDs.
- At the time, also finished as school’s all-time leading receiver with 130 catches.
- Selected in the 5th round of the 1993 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams.
- Saw action in 10 games, catching 2 passes for 23 yards.
- Cut after the following preseason in 1994.
- Largely disillusioned with his experience in the NFL Sean sat out ’94 and ’95.
- He returned to football in 1996, joining the Scottish Claymores of the World League.
- Had a banner season, catching 47 passes for 1023 yards, a 21.8 yard average and 7 TDs.
- Returned stateside and later was a late season pickup of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Caught 27 passes for 422 yards and 2 TDs.
- World League MVP 1996
When I started expanding the WLAF shrine to include the NFLE/ Europa, I immediately started looking for players who had cards that played for franchises that may not have been represented on their European teams.
As I was digging through the Claymores rosters, I found that Sean had quite a few cards, and I felt very inspired by his Classic ’93 entry. I picked up both that and his 93 Pro Set and sent them out to an address I found. (Sean’s last name obviously is not very common.)
He responded in a bit over a month, signing not only his cards, but including the Proline as an extra, included a business card promoting his Youtube channel and wrote on the envelope, “God Bless your work,” -I am assuming in reference to my ongoing quest to honor as many WLAF/ NFLE/ Europa players with their autograph and adding them to my shrine.