CARD: Upper Deck College Legends 2011
ACQUIRED: 2019, Box Breaker
- Played WR for Boise State from 2007-10.
- Caught 204 passes for 3063 yards and 25 TDs over college career.
- Displayed some behavioral issues that caused his draft stock to drop.
- Selected by the Detroit Lions during the 2nd round of the 2011 draft.
- By mid-season behavior issues re-emerged, and continued through the 2012 campaign, where he’d be deactivated by the team.
- After numerous fights, bad behavior, arguments, and social media outbursts increased, Titus was outright released by the Lions before the 2013 season.
- Claimed by the St. Louis Rams, but was quickly cut after questionable behavior reemerged.
- Titus’ behavior since 2013 has borderlined from the bizarre to flat out disturbing.
- Sadly, since then he’s been imprisoned and spent time in inpatient rehabilitation.
- He was released from prison in 2018.
Titus is the poster child for bipolar disorder. On top of things it’s entirely possible he also has CTE due to numerous concussions. Mental health- especially for men, has such a terrible stigma. I hope that since Titus hasn’t been in the news since his release from prison, that he’s getting the help he needs.