CARD: Playoff Contenders 2000 European Ticket
ACQUIRED: 2021, Future Considerations
- Defensive lineman Jonathan Brown played collegially at Tennessee where he helped the Vols win the SEC title in ’97.
- In that season he had a career high 13.5 sacks- good for second on the school’s all-time list.
- Over his 4 years at Tennessee, Brown notched 27.5 sacks.
- Selected in the 3rd round of the 1998 draft by the Green Bay Packers.
- Released during roster cuts in ’99, and finished the season on the active roster of the Broncos that year.
- Joined the Berlin Thunder in 2000, recording 10 sacks, 30 tackles and 2 forced fumbles.
- Played for the St. Louis Rams in 2001.
- Returned to the NFLE in 2003, as a selection of the Amsterdam Admirals.
- Posted 6.5 sacks and 26 tackles.
- Took his game to the Arena Football League playing for the Indiana Firebirds.
- In 2004, Jonathan played for the CFL Argonauts, becoming a fixture at DE for the next 6 seasons.
- He’d accumulate 50 sacks over his time in Toronto with dual 13 sack seasons in 2005, and 2007.
- Retired after a final season in BC with the Lions, adding another 4 sacks to his career CFL number.
- NFLE Defensive MVP 2000
- All-NFL Europe 2000, ’03
- CFL All-Star 2005- ’07
Cool looking card here of Jonathan. The green actually works. He’s also got a great autograph for a big man. He really backdoored into a pretty solid career playing in the CFL there.
CARD: Berlin Thunder BK Team Issue 2001
ACQUIRED: 2021, Private Acquisition
- Played in the Germany with the Hamburg Silver Eagles and Hamburg Huskies.
- German National who didn’t play college ball, but was snapped up to play WR for the Berlin Thunder.
- Spent four seasons with the team from 2000-04.
- Dressed for 7 games in 2003, and 4 games in 2004 but didn’t record any stats.
- Pretty much played football year round, and would play for the Kiel Baltic Hurricanes in the off-season, and then later the Hamburg Blue Devils.
- Spent a year with the Hamburg Eagles in 2007, but after suffering a serious hamstring injury, returned to the Blue Devils in ’08, and again the Baltic Hurricanes in ’09.
- Played for the Hamburg Huskies from 2011-’14.
- After playing days ended, moved into coaching and has been a positional coach in the GFL.
CARD: Hamburg Sea Devils Team Issue 2005
ACQUIRED: 2022, Private Acquisition
- Tom Arth played QB at tiny John Carroll University, throwing for 2,000 yards and 28 TDs in 1998.
- Over four years, he’d set 18 records including passing yards (10,457) and touchdowns (49).
- Undrafted in 2003, he’d manage to hang on to the roster of the Colts for three seasons.
- He’d get seasoning in the NFLE with the Scottish Claymores (2004) and the Hamburg Sea Devils (2005).
- Joined the Packers in 2006, but didn’t make the squad there or his next stop in 2007 with the Toronto Argonauts (2007).
- Hopped over to the Arena Football League, playing for the Grand Rapids Rampage (2007) and Georgia Force (2008).
- After returning to the college ranks, as head coach of John Carroll, Chattanooga, and Akron, most recently served as the passing game specialist of the Los Angeles Chargers (2022).
Tom played in the Arena Football League but it’s not clear if he didn’t start or if his stats are just unavailable.
Celebrating the game, the players, the cards, and the autographs for over 25 years.