CARD: ProSet World League 1991
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Home
SENT: 2/28 RECEIVED: 3/25 (25 DAYS)
FAILURE: TTM C/o Home, 2013, 2015, 2019
- Outstanding speedster out of Boston College, joined the Broncos as a Free Agent in 1986.
- Quickly became a coach and fan favorite used almost exclusively as a return man.
- By the end of the ’89 campaign, was ranked first in Bronco history with 104 career KO returns, while his 2218 career return yards was 3rd.
- Spent a season out of football as a late training camp casualty in 1990.
- Joined the Birmingham Fire of the WLAF as a free agent signing in 1991.
- Ended up becoming a part of a devastating 2 headed runningback rotation with Elroy Harris.
- Displayed exceptional vision and skill catching passes out of the backfield, leading the team with 40 receptions.
- Caught league’s first fake punt play TD, a 65 yarder from punter Kirk Maggio against the New York/ New Jersey Knights.
Son, Kenny Bell played for the Salt Lake City Stallions of the AAF. I packed my WLAF card of Ken just in case I ran into him, but no such luck! The reason being was at one point Ken was living a city over near a day camp I used to go to. I tried in vain to get his autograph on 3 previous occasions, but thanks to one of my fellow collectors, Rick, I got an updated address early in the year and took a stab. With Ken’s autograph, I’ve closed out the Pro Set World League Birmingham Fire team set’s autographs.