Card: Playoff Contenders European Ticket 2000
Acquired: 2021, Future Considerations
- Matt played from 1995-98 for Pitt, throwing for 3738 yards and 26 TDs.
- Undrafted in 99, he signed with the Carolina Panthers but ultimately did not make the squad 52 man roster.
- The Panthers later assigned him to NFL Europe in 2000, where Matt played for the Rhein Fire, backing up Danny Wuerffel.
- Claimed off of waivers by the Seattle Seahawks he’d be on and off the team’s practice squad during 2000, before the Panthers reclaimed him.
- He made his only start of his career in 2001 in a blowout loss to the Rams.
- Lytle joined the Alouettes in the CFL for 2002, backing up Anthony Calvillo at QB.
- He then was in camp with the Ravens in 2003, and then later the Colorado Crush of the Arena league, but ultimately retired after failing to make the roster of the Crush in 2004.