CARD: Wild Card World League 1992
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Home
SENT: 5/10 RECEIVED: 5/20 (10 days)
- Fullback who played at Middle Tennessee State from 1983-86.
- Led the way for the Blue Raiders’ rushing attack, paving the way for 3 1,000 yard rushers.
- Led the team in receptions with 27 for 266 yards in 1985.
- Was selected in the 12th round of the NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks in 1987.
- Made the squad and saw time on special teams and sparingly on offense.
- Was on and off the rosters of the Seahawks and Dolphins through the end of 1989.
- Joined the WLAF in 1991 with the Sacramento Surge.
- Paved the way in 1992 for Mike Pringle at RB, while catching 22 passes.
- Played for the Arena Football League in 1993 and 94 (Detroit Drive/Massachusetts Marauders.
- Then joined the CFL Sacramento Gold Miners during the 94 season.
- When the franchise moved to San Antonio and became the Texans- Tony came along too.
- Rushed for 304 yards (60 carries) and caught 30 passes for 291 yards.
- Played the next three seasons for the Edmonton Eskimos.
- Had a career high 59 yard gallop in 95, and a career high 11 rushing TDs in 96.
- Split time the next three years, literally playing football fulltime between the Arena Football League and the CFL.
- Joined the Arena Buffalo Destroyers franchise in the Spring of ’99, while playing for the Toronto Argonauts in the Fall.
- Had a career high 431 yards rushing for the Argos that year.
- Retired after the 2001 season.
Tony had a long and illustrious tapestry of different football leagues woven into the fabric of his career. I had been looking for him for a very long time but after retracing my steps I was finally able to locate him and add him on his Wild Card ’92 entry.