CARDS: Panini Luminance 2018, Panini Luminance 2018 Flash, Panini Chronicles 2020
ACQUIRED: TTM 2022, C/o Charity*
SENT: 4/13 RECEIVED: 4/22 (9 days)
* Donation Enclosed
- Tyreek Hill faced an up and down college career starting as a track man at Gardena Jr College in 2012.
- He’d become a hot prospect and eventually end up at Oklahoma State in 2014.
- Dismissed from the Cowboys late in the year, he enrolled at West Alabama in 2015.
- A versatile athlete, as a return man, receiver, and runningback, Hill displays a unique combination of skills, hands, and speed that made him an intriguing prospect.
- He was selected in the 5th round of the 2016 NFL Draft as a WR by the Kansas City Chiefs, due to his dismissal from the OKC football team.
- In Tyreek’s rookie year, he saw extensive time on special teams, where he led the league in punt return yards (592), average (15.2) and TDs (2).
- He also had 14 kick returns for 384 yards and an 86 yard TD.
- With the emergence of QB Pat Mahomes in KC, Hill became his go to bomb catcher in 2017.
- Tyreek spent the next 5 years in KC raking in roughly 6,100 yards receiving and 49 TDs.
- In 2022, Hill was traded in the middle of the night to the Miami Dolphins.
- Despite detractors and naysayers, saying Hill was dependent on Mahomes for his numbers, Tyreek went on to have the best season of his career with 1710 yards receiving on 119 catches for Miami.
- In 6 seasons, Hill has over 10k All-purpose yards, with 3 of those years over 1750 yards.
- Pro Bowl 2016-’22
- All-Pro 2016, ’18, ’20, ’22
Tyreek Hill suffers from the ‘too good to be true syndrome’. Knowing these could be ghost signed I went ahead and sent these three out to get autographed. Just couldn’t miss out on getting him since he’s such a good player- with great cards to boot. After I got these back I got a ton of mail asking me if I thought these were legit or to enjoy my ‘fake’ autographs.
This is not the first time this has happened to me. On a previous occasion I got spammed by people who were upset because I got Joe Montana back TTM. They too thought it was too good to be true and that it was fake. It turns out that it’s now his standard autograph. No one calls them autopens or ghost signed anymore.
The same goes for Tyreek. While the cards I have are a departure from his original autograph, if you look at his more recent *certified* autographs, these are now the standard.
Panini Luminance has become a ‘late’ favorite of mine, even though it is from 2018. A bit disappointed that the insert card didn’t pick up his autograph better, and also that the cut out action pose is from the base card I also have autographed, but still glad to add them to the collection. Tyreek was a class act enough to toss in a Panini Chronicles as well, and all for the sweet, sweet donation of 20 bucks.