Card: Topps AAF 2019
Acquired: TTM 2019, C/o Home
Sent: 5/16 Received: 5/24 (8 days)
- Dennis Erickson took over at Miami (FL) (after the departure of Jimmy Johnson) coaching the school to the National Title in 1989 and 1991.
- He departed Miami (FL) in 1994 and was named head coach of the Seattle Seahawks.
- Erickson compiled a 39-41 record with the Seahawks over the next 4 years.
- After a successful stint at Oregon St, Dennis returned to the pros again, to coach with the San Fransisco 49ers in 2003.
- He coached at Idaho and Arizona State after that and at Utah briefly as a positional coach, retiring in 2016.
- Erickson compiled a 179-96-1 record as a college coach.
- Dennis heard the siren’s call one last time, and was lured out of retirement by the Alliance of American Football in 2018, coaching the Salt Lake City Stallions to a 2-5 record before the league fell apart.
- State of Washington Hall of Fame 2017
- NCAA National Champion (89/91)
- College Football Hall of Fame inductee
This is an absolutely terrible card of Dennis. They could have actually airbrushed his face a bit more, but instead he looks like a craggily zombie with that green filter. Dennis has a pretty interesting coaching tree under him that includes Jim Zorn, Tommy Tuberville, Dan Quinn, Ed Orgeron, and Jim Mora Jr.